Tuesday, December 19, 2023

It completed Mangeshkar’s ‘Meternal’ Duology

I would like to start this post with an explanation of the fourth word in its title – it is a portmanteau of the words ‘maternal’ and ‘eternal’.

And I coined it because I believed that that summed up Mai Ri Main Kase Kahoon.

It was the second song from the 1970 film Dastak in my collection.

Lata Mangeshkar lent her voice to the song, which completed her ‘Meternal Duology’ on this playlist.

One of the best expressions of pain in Hindi films, the song was penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri.

It was composed by Madan Mohan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Arivu joined Neeti and Vishal

As long as I can remember, I have preferred listening to the radio to watching television. And one of the former taglines of a popular Ind...