Sunday, December 24, 2023

Indeed, Rafi did it justice

I wrote this post on December 24, 2023 – the 99th birth anniversary of the legendary Mohammed Rafi.

He lent his voice to the subject of it, which happened to be the second song from College Girl (1978) in my collection.

If they were arranged in the alphabetical order, Phoolon Ki Tarah Woh Hansti Thi would be the first.

The song was his only contribution to the film’s soundtrack.

Dev Kohli wrote the Bappi Lahiri composition.

I first heard this song in a YouTube clip, in which Sachin Pilgaonkar – on whom it was picturised – mentioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arivu joined Neeti and Vishal

As long as I can remember, I have preferred listening to the radio to watching television. And one of the former taglines of a popular Ind...